Tuesday 27 January 2015

Fakeaway Donner Kebab - Recipe.

I love takeaways and one of my favourites is a Donner Kebab lathered in lashings of garlic sauce. In fact Donner meat is one of the few foods I haven't really eaten much during my two years on ProPoints as there has never really been any definite way to propoint it so I just steered clear of it and would opt for a chicken kebab that I could dissemble and weigh.
However, I came across this recipe and we decided to give it a whirl. Much to my delight it tasted exactly like the Donner meat you get in the takeaway but with added bonus of knowing exactly what went into it and how many points it was. We made a large batch and from this amount have had 8 servings from it.

Ingredients

1160g lamb mince (we used diced lamb and blended it up)
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (add more if you want more of a kick)
pinch of salt and pepper

Method


  1. Pre-Heat the oven at 180* then combine all the ingredients together working the mixture until there are no air pockets and it comes together all smoothly.
  2. Shape into a loaf shape and place on a wire rack ontop of a baking tray and put in the oven for one hour
  3. Remove from the oven and wrap in foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes while you prepare salad and pita bread. Unwrap the meat and slice thinly as possible.



I had mine in a wrap with lots of salad and butternut squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment