Friday 9 January 2015

One Pot Cajun Chicken - Recipe

I am making a more concious effort this week to try some new recipies as recently we have been having the same rotation of meals and things can get a bit boring. This recipe is from my Weight Watchers My Recipies folder and came from the 'Meat' Pack of cards that I picked up from my meeting awhile ago.
Like most of my cook books they are bought with grand ideas and they just end up gathering dust so this Tuesday evening I dusted them off and gave them a good look through and picked a few out for us to try this week. This is what we had on Thursday evening and I must say I was really pleased with the simplicity of the whole thing. It went down well with the family and my husband even commented that 'It didn't look diety' - Which to me is the whole point. This isn't a diet, its a lifestyle change.

Ingredients

Calorie controlled cooking spray
4x 150g Skinless boneless chicken breast
1 onion, halved and sliced
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and sliced
4 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
1tbs dried thyme
2-3tsp Cajun seasoning
200g dried rice
150g green beans
1 tbs tomato puree
600ml hot chicken stock

Method


  1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200*c/Fan oven 180. Spray a large, shallow, flameproof casserole dish with the cooking spray, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes until golden. Add the onion, peppers and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the thyme and cajun seasoning and cook for a further 2 minutes.
  2. Add the rice and stir to coat, then add the beans.Combine the tomato puree and the stock. Pour over the chicken mixture. Cover the casserole dish then bake in the oven for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Allow to stand for a couple of minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment